Gazpacho is just this wonderful chilled soup. What I love about Gazpacho is the wonderful combination of cucumber, tomatoes, pepper and garlic.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Starter
Cuisine: Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 1kg red ripe tomatoes
- 100g crusty white bread
- 5-inch cucumber, peeled, chopped
- bunch of spring onions (5 or 6)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 (Spanish) pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped finely
- 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- Place the tomatoes, bread, cucumber, spring onions, garlic, pepper and oil in a liquidiser. Blend until smooth and place into a large bowl.
- Top tip – if the liquidiser you are using is too small, do not worry about combining all the ingredients until all the batches are liquidised.
- Add the oregano and vinegar.
- Cover and chill for about a couple of hours.
- Serve chilled.