Gently griddled, light fluffy Teff Pancakes laced with citrus lemon and nourishing ground flaxseeds and oats.
Guzzle down something pillowy and lush.
This dish will overthrow your belief that vegan food can’t be simple to make.
- When you’ve been languishing in bed and need a little pick me brekkie to set you on your day
- When you’ve got famished kiddies for sleepover with your children and you’ve got some hungry mouths to feed
- When you’ve just had a hard day’s work and something simple and light for supper will do nicely
Teff Pancakes was inspired when I’d attended a canape function and was impressed with the gluten mini-pancakes with dukkah and was determined to make my own version.
These Pancakes are vegan and gluten-free.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
High speed blender
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 200g teff flour
- 350ml filtered water
- 30g flaxseeds
- 30g oats
- 25g unrefined cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Oil for frying
- In a high-speed blender, blend the flaxseeds, oats sugar and salt until fine.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl with the baking soda.
- Pour in the water. Combine well with a spatula.
- Pour in the lemon juice. The batter should become airy. Set to one side for 10 minutes.
- Gently heat a griddle pan. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Let the oil sizzle and then add a couple of spoonsful of batter. Use the back of a spoon or icing spatula to smooth over. Cook on either side for a couple of minutes until the. underside hardens. Use a spatula to flip over. Transfer onto a plate.
- Serve warm.T3e