Tomato and orange have always been my favourites – so, it is wonderful to be able to combine both ingredients into this light soup. What I love is how the sherry vinegar lifts this dish to new heights.
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 2 medium onions
- 3tsb extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg tomatoes
- 500ml filtered water
- Orange, juice, and half inch slither of zest
- 1tsp sherry vinegar
- In a large pan, sauté the onion in olive oil. Cook the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato, water and zest. Cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove zest. Whizz with a blender or place in batches in a liquidiser.
- Add the orange juice and sherry vinegar. Season to taste.