- 18g fresh yeast
- 150ml vegan milk, room temperature
- 50g coconut unrefined sugar
- 2tbs flaxseed, ground
- 6tbs filtered water
- 500g “00’ doppio flour
- 1tsp sea salt
- olive oil for basting
- 150g sultanas
- 50g pecan nuts, chopped
- 50g coconut unrefined sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon, ground
- 100ml vegan cream
- 40g icing sugar
- Soak the sultanas in filtered water for about 20 minutes
- Mix the vegan milk, with the sugar and add the yeast. Set to one side for about 10 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing together the sultanas, nuts, sugar and cinnamon. Set to one side.
- Mix the ground flaxseed with water to form a paste.
- Place the flour with the salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the above ingredients and mix using a dough hook or if you manual knead with your hands to form a dough. Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Line a large bowl with a little oil and place the dough inside. Baste the dough with olive oil (this will help prevent it from drying out). Cover with a dishcloth and set to one side for about an hour. The dough should double in size.
- Flour a work surface and turn the dough out onto it. Using your hands press the dough out into a rectangle around 40cm by 30cm.
- Sprinkle the filling onto the dough. Take hold of both ends of the dough and gentle roll over into a circle. Baste the dough all over with oil.
- Line a baking tray with oil. Cut the dough into 12 pieces. Place the rolls in the tray cut-side up and equally spaced apart. Leave the buns to rise in a warm place for about an hour until they have risen.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees.
- Cover the tray with aluminium foil and bake the buns for about 25 minutes.
- Turn out the tray onto a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, make the frosting by heating the vegan cream with icing sugar. Pour over the cinnamon buns. Leave for a few minutes before serving.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society