- 750ml vegetable stock (made with filtered water)
- 300g instant organic polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps samac
- 2 tsps chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil
- Bring the stock to boil in a large saucepan. Reduce in heat.
- Add the garlic, samac, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Then gradually add the polenta. Use a balloon whisk to constantly stir until all the polenta is incorporated into the stock.
- Reduce to a medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon for about two minutes. The mixture should thicken and the polenta should soften. Remove from the heat.
- Brush a large baking tray with olive oil and cover the baking sheet.
- Pour the polenta evenly over the base of the baking tray and use a back of a spatula to smooth over. Cover with another baking sheet.
- Place the polenta in a refrigerator overnight and leave to set.
- Turn the polenta over onto a clean work surface. Peel off the baking sheet. Cut the polenta lengthways into 2cm strips and 8cm long pieces.
- If you are using an air-fryer, using hands, I quickly soak the polenta chips in olive oil in a large bowl and then place in the air-fryer at 180 degrees for about 12 minutes. Alternatively, you can deep-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society