- 750ml vegetable stock (made with filtered water)
- 300g instant organic polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps samac
- 2 tsps chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil
- Bring the stock to boil in a large saucepan. Reduce in heat.
- Add the garlic, samac, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Then gradually add the polenta. Use a balloon whisk to constantly stir until all the polenta is incorporated into the stock.
- Reduce to a medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon for about two minutes. The mixture should thicken and the polenta should soften. Remove from the heat.
- Brush a large baking tray with olive oil and cover the baking sheet.
- Pour the polenta evenly over the base of the baking tray and use a back of a spatula to smooth over. Cover with another baking sheet.
- Place the polenta in a refrigerator overnight and leave to set.
- Turn the polenta over onto a clean work surface. Peel off the baking sheet. Cut the polenta lengthways into 2cm strips and 8cm long pieces.
- If you are using an air-fryer, using hands, I quickly soak the polenta chips in olive oil in a large bowl and then place in the air-fryer at 180 degrees for about 12 minutes. Alternatively, you can deep-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef