- 200g coconut oil
- 200g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 280g “00” doppio flour
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 120g mixed nuts
- 80g dates
- 150g mulberries
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180 Celsius.
- Line a 9-inch cake round tin with butter and place baking paper in the bottom.
- In a food mixer place the sugar and oil and mix until well integrated.
- Sieve the flour into a food mixer. Add the nuts, coconut and dates. Combine well. Switch off and fold in the mulberries
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Cook until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool and then gently remove from the tin to a wire rack to cool entirely.
- When the cake has cooled, transfer the cake to a serving plate.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Viva