- ½ onion, shredded
- 3tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 gloves of garlic, sliced finely
- 200g fresh garden peas from pod
- 200g green beans
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime, freshly squeezed
- 3 to 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- In a frying pan, sauté the shredded onion in a teaspoon of olive oil until the onion start to brown and then remove from the heat. Set to one side.
- Top tip – I don’t want to flavour the salad with the onion other than to garnish.
- In a saucepan, fry the garlic in the remaining until the onion turns brown.
- Add the garden peas and green beans and cook for about 10 minutes. If you decide to add the optional chilli then add 8 minutes into the further cooking.
- Switch off the heat and combine in the avocado, limejuice and chopped mint (leaving a few to one side to garnish).
- Just before serving garnish with the onion and mint leaves.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
- Unlocking the genetic mystery of avocadoes (abc.net.au)
- Peas And Their Multi-Functional Purpose For Preppers (patriotrising.com)