Buttery avocado, sweet succulent peas, crisp fine beans, fiery chilli and citrus lime infused with fresh mint; Avocado Fine Bean Salad.
Ravish into something fresh and yummy.
This dish will burst your belief that vegan food, can’t be easy to rustle up.
- When you’ve had a brisk walk out and an energising dish to satiate your hunger pangs is what the doctor ordered
- When you fancy light and refreshing dish that’ll be a nice side to the main you serve
- When you’ve an uber barbeque and need a lush dish before you flip open your next drink
Avocado Fine Bean Salad was inspired when picking freshly plucked pea pods from the local farmer’s market and rushing home on my bike to make this.
I adore this Avocado Pea Bean Salad dish. I have actually re-tweaked it since it first introduced it on this site. Sweet succulent garden peas are an excellent source of folic acid, particularly beneficial for pregnant women.
Avocado Fine Bean Salad is vegan and paleo.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- ½ onion, shredded
- 3tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 gloves of garlic, sliced finely
- 200g fresh garden peas from pod
- 200g green beans
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime, juice
- 3 to 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- In a frying pan, sauté the shredded onion in a teaspoon of olive oil until the onion start to brown and then remove from the heat. Set to one side.
- In a saucepan, sauté the garlic in the remaining oil until the garlic turns golden.
- Toss in the garden peas and fine beans and cook for a couple of minutes. If you opt to add the optional chilli, cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Switch off the heat and toss in the avocado, lime juice and chopped mint (leaving a few to one side to garnish).
- Just before serving garnish with the onion and mint leaves.