Spirilised Pineapple marinaded in sweet paprika, garlic, vinegar, shallots, with clove-like basil and black pepper; Pineapple Bruschetta.
Dive into something moist and mouth-watering. And, intoxicate your tastebuds.
This dish will overturn your belief that vegan food can’t be simple to rustle up.
- When you’ve that just fallen out of bed look. Your hair is a mess. It’s a duvet day too. And, nothing short of lush Pineapple slathered on toast as you browse your favourite vegan food website will make your day
- When you’ve got homemade brunch planned with your bestie. Our comes the Mimosa! And, as you’re pouring another tipple, you need something dynamic to serve. Pineapple Bruschetta is your answer
- When you’ve got to take the kiddies for a day of activities. You need to kick start your day. A wholesome brekkie is the only solution
Pineapple Bruschetta was inspired when shopping for another recipe. I had been craving some homemade Tepache – see here for that recipe too. I was also feeling slightly peckish having worked up a sweat from all the cycling. Returning home as I deskinned the pineapple, I imagined resting on my sofa. And, tossing together some basil laced with sweet paprika just resonated and was idyllic in that moment.
I was also dying to use my spiralizer. Yet, I wanted to have the pineapple in a raw form. I wanted the taste of some rustic bread I had purchased too. So, I came up with this bruschetta. It worked out to be a great snack too.
This savoury sweet dish is vegan.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1tbs white wine vinegar
- 1tsp sweet paprika powder
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Crushed black pepper
- Few Basil leaves
- Some ciabatta or rustic bread
- Peel the skin off the pineapple. (Note – I have a recipe for Tepache, a probiotic made from pineapple rind – which please check out).
- Place the pineapple in a Spiralizer. Use the ribbon cut blade. Spiral the pineapple.
- Place the spiralled pineapple on a tray in a dehydrator for about an hour.
- Pour oil and vinegar into a mixing bowl. Toss in the garlic, paprika, shallots and salt.
- Chop the shallots, and mix in with the, oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika and salt. Combine well with a spatula.
- Toss in pineapple and coat the pineapple in the marinade. Marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Toast rustic bread or ciabatta.
- Lay the pineapple onto the bread.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and crushed black pepper.