Get your tongue something soft and lush. And, wriggle.
Asparagus Pate imbued with cashews, pumpkin and sunflower seeds with a hint of sweet paprika and lemon juice.
This dish will burst your belief that vegan food can’t be simple to rustle up.
- When you’ve done a long run and need a quick pick me pate that’ll have you out in door in no time, once again
- When you’ve got your mates over for a dinner party and a twee starter to kick off your sumptuous meal is just what’s needed
- When it’s summer and you’ve been to the farmer’s market and discovered asparagus lurking
Asparagus Pate was inspired by a non-vegan friend of mine who absolutely loves Asparagus Pate; I made this vegan version to show how easy it is to veganise dishes.
Asparagus grows mid-Spring to early summer. It was cultivated in Ancient Rome and cultivated from the wild for millennia. Its native to western Asia, north Africa and Europe. It’s the young stalks that are edible and gives its delicate flavour.
Asparagus Pate is vegan, paleo and raw.
- 250g asparagus
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 50g cashews
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1tsp lemon, juice
- 2tbs olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the seeds and cashews in water for about 8 hours or overnight. Drain and place in a high-speed blender. Blend well.
- Tail the asparagus and add the remaining ingredients until fine to form a pate.
- Serve the asparagus with crackers or toast.