- 200g aduki beans
- 10g oats
- 50g cacoa powder
- 75g coconut nectar blossom (or raw unrefined cane sugar)
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml filtered water
- 100ml oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 250g beetroot
- Soak the aduki beans for a couple of hours.
- Place the aduki beans in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes. Switch off heat and set to one side. Drain.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grind the oats and place with cacoa powder, coconut nectar, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the aduki beans into the dry mixture.
- Add into the brownie mixture the water, oil and vanilla essence.
- Grate the beetroot and toss into the brownie mixture but do not overly stir.
- Line a baking tray with oil and baking paper. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Top with icing of your choice, if preferred.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef