Beetroot Chocolate Brownies
Beetroot Chocolate Brownies are another one of my gluten-free dessert recipes. It is rich but packed with flavour. I love cooking with aduki beans because they have a slight sweet taste to them and give texture to these Beetroot Chocolate Brownies.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Brownie, Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Glutenfree, gf
- 200g aduki beans
- 10g oats
- 50g cacoa powder
- 75g coconut nectar blossom (or raw unrefined cane sugar)
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml filtered water
- 100ml oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 250g beetroot
- Soak the aduki beans for a couple of hours.
- Place the aduki beans in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes. Switch off heat and set to one side. Drain.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grind the oats and place with cacoa powder, coconut nectar, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the aduki beans into the dry mixture.
- Add into the brownie mixture the water, oil and vanilla essence.
- Grate the beetroot and toss into the brownie mixture but do not overly stir.
- Line a baking tray with oil and baking paper. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Top with icing of your choice, if preferred.