Vegan Banana Bread
Vegan Banana Bread is one of my more traditional recipes. This is actually a gluten-free version, which I am now happy with. Sometimes, it is a case of letting go and experimenting with food and seeing where it lands. I do not add sugar to this dish and prefer mashing half my bananas and leaving the rest sliced within. To this Vegan Banana Bread I like sprinkling banana chips.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Glutenfree, gf, Vegan
- 400g bananas
- 80g millet
- 80g buckwheat flour
- 40g tapioca flour
- 10g oats
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 60ml olive oil
- 60ml filtered water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 25g banana chips
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin (or two 7- or 8-inch cake tins) with olive oil and set to one side.
- In a food processor, grind the millet granules, buckwheat, oats. Place in a large mixing bowl with the tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, add the oil, water and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Dish into the cake tin(s). Sprinkle over the banana chips but basting the top side of the chips with oil. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, removing the foil after 20 minnutes and bake until the crust turns into a light golden colour. Insert a skewer to test if it comes out clear to see if it is baked.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Serve with some vegan butter.