- For filling
- 1kg floury potatoes
- Small bunch of parsley, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ lemon, juice
- Salt and pepper
- For coating
- 100g oats, fine
- 100g polenta
- ½tsp salt
- 200ml coconut milk
- Oil for basting or frying
- Peel the potatoes and place in a pan. Boil for about 20 minutes until the potatoes softened. Remove, sieve and mash the potatoes.
- Add minced garlic, the parsley, lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Take a small handful of the potato mixture and roll into a bowl and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat the action and then place the baking tray in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To prepare the coating, blitz the oats until fine. Place in a mixing bowl with polenta. Add the salt.
- In a separate bowl have the coconut milk.
- Remove the tray from the fridge and using a couple of spoons dunk the balls into the coconut milk and then into the oat and polenta mix before returning to the tray. Repeat this action. Return the baking tray to the fringe for another couple of hours.
- Do a second coating of the coconut milk and oat/polenta mix. Return to the fridge.
- When ready to serve remove the balls and either dunk the balls into a bowl of oil and placing in an air oven for about 15 minutes or alternatively, shallow frying in oil. I actually don’t mind either method but the shallow frying is slightly messier in that there will be more crumbs released into the oil but the coating has a crispier taste. You decide which is your option. For Rory, I place in the air oven.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef