- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 250g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 400g beetroot, grated
- 50g poppy seeds
- 400g flour
- 100ml filtered water
- 2tbs bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbs cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil. Place baking paper so that it covers the bottom and sides.
- In a food mixer combine the oils with the sugar. Add the flour and water. Fold in the beetroot and poppy seeds. Continue whizzing.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. The batter should start to fizz.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Cover the top with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until such time as you are able to put a skewer through and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for about 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vegan cream or icecream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.