- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 250g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 400g beetroot, grated
- 50g poppy seeds
- 400g flour
- 100ml filtered water
- 2tbs bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbs cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil. Place baking paper so that it covers the bottom and sides.
- In a food mixer combine the oils with the sugar. Add the flour and water. Fold in the beetroot and poppy seeds. Continue whizzing.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. The batter should start to fizz.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Cover the top with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until such time as you are able to put a skewer through and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for about 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vegan cream or icecream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society