Braised Brussels Sprouts with walnuts and pomegranates basted in tangy sumac, molasses, citrus lemon and garlic.
Tempt your loins with a hedonistic treat.
This dish will topple your belief that vegan food can’t be super nutritious and easy to make.
- When you fancy sprucing up your Brussels Sprout recipes during the holiday festivities
- When you’ve got Christmas lunch and fancy a little something extra to go with your meal as the crackers come out
- When you’ve got a dinner party and fancy going all out with your meal preparation and yet are pushed for time
Braised Brussels Sprouts with walnuts and pomegranates is a quick and easy dish to serve up for a party. It looks and taste stunning and sure to delight guests.
This dish was inspired when I’d been meal planning for a party and needed a dish that dazzled and yet gave some umph to Brussels Sprouts.
Braised Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranate is vegan and paleo.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100ml filtered water
- 2tsb pomegranate molasses
- 1tsp sumac
- ½ lemon, juice
- pinch of salt
- 75g walnuts
- ½ pomegranate
- Heat a saucepan. Lightly toast walnuts in oil for a minute and remove the walnuts.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts with the garlic in oil for a couple of minutes over a medium heat. Pour in the filtered water and molasses and add in the sumac and salt. Cook over a medium heat for about three to four minutes. Switch off the heat squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Garnish walnuts and pomegranate and serve.