Bubble and Squeak makes a great leftover dish. I use Brussel’s Sprout top head instead of discarding it mixed in with some purple potatoes I had lying around. Traditionally, Bubble and Squeak uses leftover vegetables.
- 500g potatoes
- 20g almonds
- 80ml water
- 1 medium onion
- 4tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Brussel’s Sprout top head, shredded
- Whizz the almonds in water and set to one side.
- Peel and boil the potatoes in filtered water until soft. Drain and mash with the almond milk in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan, sauté the onions in oil for about three or four minutes over a medium heat until the onions turn translucent. Add the Brussels sprouts top and when the tops have softened add the potatoes to the Brussel’s top mixture. Continuing frying for a further five minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve warm.