Tempt your loins with a hedonistic treat.
Braised Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranate basted in tangy sumac, molasses, citrus lemon and garlic.
This dish will topple your belief that vegan food can’t be super nutritious and easy to make.
- When you fancy sprucing up your Brussels Sprout recipes during the holiday festivities
- When you’ve got Christmas lunch and fancy a little something extra to go with your meal as the crackers come out
- When you’ve got a dinner party and fancy going all out with your meal preparation and yet are pushed for time
Braised Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranate is a quick and easy dish to serve up for a party. It looks and taste stunning and sure to delight guests.
Braised Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranate was inspired when I’d been meal planning for a party and needed a dish that dazzled and yet gave some umph to Brussels Sprouts.
Braised Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranate is vegan and paleo.
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100ml filtered water
- 2tsb pomegranate molasses
- 1tsp sumac
- ½ lemon, juice
- pinch of salt
- 75g walnuts
- ½ pomegranate
- Heat a saucepan. Lightly toast walnuts in oil for a minute and remove the walnuts.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts with the garlic in oil for a couple of minutes over a medium heat. Pour in the filtered water and molasses and add in the sumac and salt. Cook over a medium heat for about three to four minutes. Switch off the heat squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Garnish walnuts and pomegranate and serve.