- For mincemeat
- 1kg mixed fruit (mixture of dried raisins, sultanas, currents, cranberries and orange and lemon peel – use what you have here)
- 1 bottle of good brandy
- 1tsp mixed spice
- For the pastry
- 600g flour
- 280ml water
- 150g coconut oil, firm
- 150g olive oil
- pinch of salt
- flour for rolling
- Placed the mixed fruit in a large using a large sterlised jar. Drizzle in mixed spice Pour the brandy over and ensure that the fruit is covered in the alcohol. Give the jar a stir with a sterilised spoon. Seal and leave in a dark space for at least a week or when required.
- Place both oils in a mixer with the flour and salt. Combine and add the water. Once a dough has formed, remove and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When ready to make the mince pies, preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius. Line a tart tray with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Take a chunk of the dough and pat into a ball. Roll the dough until thin. Use a 3-inch pastry cutter to shape circles.
- Place the cut pastry into the tart trays. Add a tablespoon full of the mincemeat on the base. Repeat.
- With the excess pastry shape into whatever shapes desired – I have a heart shaped pastry cutter that does me well. Place such shapes onto the meatmeat.
- Over the trays with aluminium foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and leave to dry.
- Serve warm or cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society