Raw Sunflower Seed Knotted Wrack Salad
Sunflower Seed Knotted Wrack Salad makes an exotic addition to one’s reportiore. I made this recently for my book launch party. I love the sultry colours of the seaweed that mesh with that of the sunflower seeds. Seaweed tends to be versatile and great to eat raw.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Salad, Main, Side
Cuisine: Raw, Vegan
- 200g knotted wrack (also known as egg wrack seaweed)
- 100g sunflower seed
- 100ml vegan cream
- 2tsp tahini
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- few sprigs of dill, finely chopped
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 inch ginger grated
- ½ tsp rock salt
- Soak the sunflower seeds in filtered water for about 20 minutes. Drain and set to one side.
- Using a pair of scissors cut the seaweed into strips of 3 to 4 millimetres. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the sunflower seeds and remaining ingredients to the seaweed and mix well.