Broccoli Salad with Pomegranate and Cob Nuts I crave whenever the cob nut season comes round. I love the subtle taste of the cob nuts, which are actually a type of hazelnut and which just complement the pomegranate and cucumber. A great dish for Summer.
- 200g broccoli
- 1-inch ginger, grated finely
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ pomegranate, seeded
- 25g shelled cob nuts (or use hazelnuts as an alternative).
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- In a small mixing bowl put together the ginger, lime, salt and pepper. Set to one side.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes. Place in a serving dish.
- Spiralise and add in the cucumber. Sprinkle over the shallot and pomegranate.
- Blitz the nuts roughly in a chopper. Dry roast the nuts over a medium heat for three or four minutes. Sprinkle over the broccoli.
- Drizzle over the ginger and lime mixture.