Bubble and Squeak
Bubble and Squeak came about as I had leftover from the last dish I demonstrated. For me it is important that where I am able to, to use leftover bits. For this recipe I used the Brussel’s Sprout top head instead of discarding it. Traditionally, Bubble and Squeak is used from the leftovers of vegetables.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Side
Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 1kg potatoes
- 100ml vegan milk
- 1 medium onion
- 6tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Brussel’s Sprout top head, shredded
- Peel and boil the potatoes in filtered water until soft. Drain and mash with the vegan milk in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan, sauté the onions in oil for about three or four minutes over a medium heat until the onions turn translucent. Add the Brussels sprouts top and when the tops have softened.
- Add the potatoes to the Brussel’s top mixture. Continuing frying for a further five minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve warm.