Lavish yourself. And, bite into something scrummy.
Carrot Cannellini Bean Burgers infused with mango, cumin, garlic, ginger, fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
This dish will obliterate your belief that vegan food can’t be super yummy.
- When you’ve got games night with the lads and need a nourishing dish as you outsmart one another
- When you’ve got a barbeque planned and need a burger to impress your mates
- When you’ve a birthday party planned and something nutritious and nourishing for your hungry guests is much needed
Carrot Cannellini Bean Burgers was inspired when I was recipe testing when drafting the manuscript for my first book.
Carrot Cannellini Bean Burgers is a vegan and gluten-free.
- 250g cannelloni beans
- 250g carrots
- 3 shallots
- 2tsb extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbs mango powder
- 2tbs coriander powder
- 2tbs cumin powder
- 1tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 150g sesame seeds
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Oil for frying
- Soak the beans in filtered water overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Pressure cook the beans in water for 25 minutes. Drain and set to one side.
- Chop the shallots and sauté in oil until translucent.
- Once the beans have cooled down, place into a food processor and roughly chop.
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the coriander.
- Place beans into a large mixing bowl. Add the carrot, coriander and remaining ingredients.
- Have a bowl to one side with lukewarm water to dip your hands into now and again.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands and taking a small handful make into a round circle with the palm of your hands. Keep repeating till you use up the mixture. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. This mixture will keep for about a day.
- To heat up gently sauté the bean burgers in oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve on its own or in a bap.