Butternut Squash Mousse
Butternut Squash Mousse I made for my 50th birthday party recently. It had been a busy day and self-catering meant that I needed to create something quick and relatively simple to put together. Trust me it makes for a great dessert – as you know with all my dessert I put the least amount of sugar I can get away – add more to suit your palate though.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1kg butternut squash
- 1 pomegranate
- 500ml vegan cream
- 250g chia seeds
- 50g unrefined coconut sugar
- 50g blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Dry roast the butternut squash in the oven for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- De-skin the squash and remove seeds. Place in a food processor and whisk to a fine consistency.
- De-seed the pomegranate.
- Place the squash with the vegan cream, chia seeds and sugar into a large serving bowl. Leave in the fridge for 20minutes.
- Decorate with blanched almonds and serve.