- 4tbs flaxseeds, ground
- 300ml vegan milk
- 16g fresh yeast (or 5g dry yeast)
- 100g organic stevia
- pinch of salt
- 400g “00” doppio flour
- 150g coconut oil
- 8 cardamom pods
- 150g hazelnuts
- 4 peaches
- Line the base of an ovenproof dish or deep loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the flaxseed and milk in a food mixer and whizz. Add the yeast and salt.
- Remove the seeds from the pods of the cardamom and grind finely. Add to the yeast mixture with the flour. Keep whisking.
- Melt the oil in a pan if hardened and whisk into the mixture to form a smooth batter. Switch off the mixer.
- Roughly chop the peach into segments. Fold in the peaches and the hazelnuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter in the baking tray. Leave to rise for a couple of hours in a warm space.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cover the cake with foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the cake is firm in the centre.
- Serve warm or chilled.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society