Lentil bake and my version of it, I have been meaning to put down on paper for sometime. And, here it is. What I love about this dish is that the nutritional yeast and plum seasoning enhance the subtle flavour of the lentils. This an amazing simple dish to put together.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
- 250g lentils
- 750ml filtered water
- 200g plum tomatoes, chopped
- 25g nutritional yeast
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1bts chervil
- 1tsp plum seasoning
- ½tsp salt
- 1tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place lentils with the filtered water in a pressure cooker and once the cooker starts to steam cook for 5 minutes. Alternatively, place in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils start to mush.
- Place the lentils into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients save the oil. Mix well.
- Line a loaf tin or oven proof dish with the oil and place baking paper on top.
- Scoop the lentil mixture into the tin/dish, cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm