- 850g cooking pears
- 300g cherries
- 100g whole candied orange peel
- 100g whole candied lemon peel
- 250g seedless raisins
- 250g currents
- 250g sultanas
- 300g unrefined cane sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon ground
- 2tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1tsp all spice, ground
- 250ml Port
- Peel, core and finely chop the pears.
- Chop the peel and cherries in two.
- Mix all ingredients into a large china or wooden bowl.
- Cover with a clean cloth and leave to stand for two to three days.
- Stir again, then pot into sterilised jars.
- Store in a cool dark place. You can either allow the flavours to mature for about 6 weeks or use within that period.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef