- 1kg Cherry and Pear Mincemeat – see recipe - https://buff.ly/2QETVfD
- 300g “00” doppio flour
- 4tbs flaxseed, ground
- 50g almonds, ground
- 1tbs treacle
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp almond extract
- 1tsp rock salt
- 200g coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Place mincemeat, flour, flaxseed, and almonds in a food mixer and using a dough hook combine.
- Add in the treacle, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt.
- Fold in the coconut oil. Continuing whizzing.
- Line a 9 inch circular cake tin with some olive oil. Place parchment paper round the tin so that it covers the edges.
- Fold in the dough mixture into the tin. Cover with aluminium foil for about 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue baking for a further 30 minutes. The cake is baked once a skewer placed into it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place into a tin and allow the flavours to mellow. Leave the cake to mature over a couple of weeks in a sealed container or alternatively, serve as necessary.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef