Vegan Christmas Cake
Vegan Christmas Cake made with Cherries and Pears came about because I was asked to undertaken more desserts and cakes following a recent survey. What I love is the Cherries and Pears give this dish a really fruity decadence. This is a special cake I bake for Christmas and is a great way to celebrate over the holidays.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert, Cake
- 1kg Cherry and Pear Mincemeat – see recipe - https://buff.ly/2QETVfD
- 300g “00” doppio flour
- 4tbs flaxseed, ground
- 50g almonds, ground
- 1tbs treacle
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp almond extract
- 1tsp rock salt
- 200g coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Place mincemeat, flour, flaxseed, and almonds in a food mixer and using a dough hook combine.
- Add in the treacle, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt.
- Fold in the coconut oil. Continuing whizzing.
- Line a 9 inch circular cake tin with some olive oil. Place parchment paper round the tin so that it covers the edges.
- Fold in the dough mixture into the tin. Cover with aluminium foil for about 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue baking for a further 30 minutes. The cake is baked once a skewer placed into it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place into a tin and allow the flavours to mellow. Leave the cake to mature over a couple of weeks in a sealed container or alternatively, serve as necessary.