- 1kg Cherry and Pear Mincemeat – see recipe - https://buff.ly/2QETVfD
- 300g “00” doppio flour
- 4tbs flaxseed, ground
- 50g almonds, ground
- 1tbs treacle
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp almond extract
- 1tsp rock salt
- 200g coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Place mincemeat, flour, flaxseed, and almonds in a food mixer and using a dough hook combine.
- Add in the treacle, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt.
- Fold in the coconut oil. Continuing whizzing.
- Line a 9 inch circular cake tin with some olive oil. Place parchment paper round the tin so that it covers the edges.
- Fold in the dough mixture into the tin. Cover with aluminium foil for about 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue baking for a further 30 minutes. The cake is baked once a skewer placed into it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place into a tin and allow the flavours to mellow. Leave the cake to mature over a couple of weeks in a sealed container or alternatively, serve as necessary.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society