- 250g chestnuts (or 300g pre-cooked deshelled chestnuts)
- 1kg red onions
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 4tbs olive oil
- 500ml bean stock (use the remnant water taken from beans such as haricot, kidney beans, cannelloni that have been cooked from their dry state)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the whole chestnuts in a large pan with boiling water. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes. Drain and allow the chestnuts to cool.
- Place the red onions and garlic. Drizzle over the oil. Cover with aluminium foil. Roast for about an hour. (If there are any brown charred bits at the bottom of the tray, add some of the bean stock, stir and make into a paste. If necessary place the tray over the stove on a low heat to get a better result)
- De-shell the chestnuts.
- Remove the skin off the garlic. Place in a food processor with the onions and chestnuts. Whizz to a fine consistency.
- Add the bean stock.
- Serve your gravy as an accompaniment to a desired dish.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.