Recipe: Walnut and Olive Bread - #Vegan
Walnut and Olive Bread evokes this rustic evocative image of the Mediterranean countryside. Bread is much easier to make than you think it is. It is a case of mixing in the ingredients and allowing them to process. For the results and the consistency I prefer I leave this to prove overnight ready for the following day.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Bread, Side
- 16g fresh yeast
- 340ml filtered water
- 1tsp raw unrefined sugar
- pint of salt
- 620g “00” doppio flour
- 80g semolina flour
- 7tbs olive oil
- 75g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 75g olives, destoned and sliced in two
- Place the yeast, lukewarm water, sugar and salt into a jug and mix.
- Add the yeast to the flour in a food mixer. Combine well.
- Add the oil. Continuing whizzing the dough.
- Gently fold in the walnut and olives.
- Place the dough onto a large baking tray. Leave to prove in a warm space.
- Every couple of hours or so, knead the risen dough. Leave the dough over night to prove. Cover with a dry dishcloth if needed.
- The following day, you do not need to knead. When ready pre-heat the oven. Wait until the oven is warm. Cover with aluminium foil and bake the bread for about 25 minutes.