Cranberry Fruit Pie
Cranberry Fruit Pie came about as I had my friend Dominica visiting. Robert was there too…. I redid this recipe for a Christmas episode and now that is going to be a rough-cut pilot. The crux is that this recipe is just simple to make. Grab your fruit and pastry leaves and turn it out. I use banana, apple and pomegranate as they enhance the texture but the thing is it is Christmas and not to be precious with ingredients to work with. Again, I am not one for drowning my dessert with sugar… Anyhow, Merry Christmas… Well mine – well that’d be in solitude and quiet contemplation, then. Just how I like it… Love you all. Edward x
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert
- 200g cranberries
- 100ml filtered water
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 bramley apple, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded.
- 200g Yufka (Turkish rectangular pastry leaves)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place the cranberries in filtered water over a medium heat. When you hear the cranberries pop. Switch off the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Line a small pastry dish with melted coconut oil. Retain what is needed for basting later.
- Place 3 pastry leaves around the base of the dish. Layer on the sliced bananas. Place 3 pastry leaves on top. Layer on the sliced apples and add the pomegranate seeds. Place 3 pastry leaves on top. Add the cranberry mixture.
- Add the final 3 pastry leaves on top. Baste the surface with the remaining coconut oil. Place a piece of alumininium foil on top and place into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with vegan cream or ice cream.