- 200g cranberries
- 100ml filtered water
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 bramley apple, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded.
- 200g Yufka (Turkish rectangular pastry leaves)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place the cranberries in filtered water over a medium heat. When you hear the cranberries pop. Switch off the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Line a small pastry dish with melted coconut oil. Retain what is needed for basting later.
- Place 3 pastry leaves around the base of the dish. Layer on the sliced bananas. Place 3 pastry leaves on top. Layer on the sliced apples and add the pomegranate seeds. Place 3 pastry leaves on top. Add the cranberry mixture.
- Add the final 3 pastry leaves on top. Baste the surface with the remaining coconut oil. Place a piece of alumininium foil on top and place into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with vegan cream or ice cream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society