Raw Citrus-marinated chicory with Cabernet-soaked chestnut mushrooms
This makes an enticing starter to a dinner-party. Chicory has a distinctive taste and soaked mushroom really set this dish off.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Raw
- ½ grapefruit, squeezed
- 1 chicory, de-leaved
- 150g chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 100ml vegan Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- Place the squeezed grapefruit juice into a shallow dish. Remove 8 leaves from the stalk. Leave to marinade for a couple of hours, turning every half an hour or so.
- In a separate dish, leave the sliced mushrooms to soak in the wine. Turning regularly, at the same time as the chicory above.
- When ready to serve, layer the mushrooms on the plate and place the chicory on top.