Scoop something chilled and refreshing. And, relax.
Sour tangy pureed gooseberries and lime churned with a dash of sugar to form a mouth-watering uplifting Gooseberry Sorbet.
This dish will ruffle any belief that vegan food can’t be made with some simple household ingredients.
- When it’s a blistering summer and you’re relaxing in the garden; an intoxicating pick-me up that’ll have you lounging in the sun
- When you’ve had a day at the beach and returning home digging into the freezer too enlighten your spirit
- When you’re hot in the collar and a dish that’ll have your beau/belle eating out of your hand
Gooseberry Sorbet was inspired when attending a farmer’s market one summery morning and returning home, with the sun blazing yonder.
Sorbets open up the palette at the start of a meal or at the end and are a semi-frozen dessert made from sugar-sweetened water with fruit. Sorbets originate from the Middle East.
Gooseberry Sorbet is vegan, paleo and raw.
- 50g raw unrefined cane sugar
- 200ml filtered water
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 200g gooseberries
- ½ tsp arrowroot
- Place the sugar in high-speed blender and blend till fine.
- Add in the water. Gradually add the lime juice and continue whizzing.
- Pulse the gooseberries in a blender until well blended and add in the arrowroot and continuing whizzing.
- Spoon the sorbet into glasses and place in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Remove from freezer, 10 minutes before serving.