Cranberry and Orange Sauce
Cranberry and Orange Sauce makes a great accompaniment to any meal, especially at Christmas. What I love about these fruity flavours is this sharp tanginess of the Cranberries, which complement the citric taste of the Orange.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Sauce
Cuisine: Vegan, Wholefoods
- 200g Cranberries
- 150g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 1 litre filtered water
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves of India
- 1 black cardamom (if unavailable, use 1 green cardamom)
- 1 rind and juice of orange
- Cut the orange in two and squeeze out the juice. Reserve the juice for later.
- Place the orange rind with all the remaining ingredients in a non-stick saucepan. Bring to the boil and then using the smallest ring if on gas fire, cover partially and gently simmer for about 3 hours.
- Remove and discard the orange rind. Allow to cool.
- Stir in the orange juice and then pot into sterilised jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.