- 250g sweet potato
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 75g raisins
- 50g Cointreau (French Orange Liqueur)
- 250g “00” doppio flour
- 100g coconut unrefined sugar
- 1tbs baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 100g coconut oil
- 2tbs flaxseed, ground
- 6tbs water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- zest of ¾ orange
- 200g coconut creamed
- 1tbs tapioca flour
- 50g unrefined cane sugar
- zest of ¼ orange
- Juice of an orange
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 170 degrees.
- Roast the sweet potato with its skin on in the coconut oil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool down. Discard the skin. (If it is organic, I will quietly eat the skin separately as it is full of nourishment).
- Soak the raisins in Cointreu and set to one side for about an hour.
- Melt the coconut oil and leave to one side.
- Whisk the flaxseed with the water and leave to one side.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the walnuts. On a low setting on the mixer combine.
- Add the oil and flaxseed mixture to the bowl. Combine well.
- Add the vanilla extract and orange zest and continue blending.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and add to the bowl. Bring the ingredients together.
- Lightly oil and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour the mixture into the tin. Smooth over the top and cover with aluminium foil. Place in the oven for about an hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing the cake from the tin. Place on a serving dish.
- To make the frosting, melt the coconut cream in a saucepan. And the sugar. Stir for a few minutes under a medium heat until absorbed. Sift in the tapioca flour, orange juice and zest. Continuing stirring gently for a few minutes.
- Allow the frosting to stand for about 10 minutes before pouring onto the bread. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes until the frosting hardens. Add the garnish.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef