- 100g dark chocolate
- 15g sunflower butter
- 3 tbs golden syrup
- 100g puffed rice
- 75g dried mixed berries and cherries (combination of raisins, cherries, cranberries and blueberries)
- Grease a 20cm/8in square, deep-sided tin with sunflower butter and place baking powder round the sides.
- Over a bain marie (in a large heatproff bowl over a saucepan of simmering water)
- Suspend a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water). It should be a low flame. Add the butter until it melts.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl, soak the berries in luke warm water.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the butter. Once melted stir the sides with a spatula.
- Top tip – it is important not to burn the chocolate and maintain a low heat at all times.
- Add the golden syrup to the melted chocolate mixture and combine.
- Top tip – the best way to remove the golden syrup in by soaking the tablespoon in boiling hot water. This way the golden syrup easily falls off the spoon.
- Add the puffed rice and combine.
- Lastly add the mixed berries to the mixture.
- With a spatula, work quickly to transfer the mixture to the tin and leave to set in the freezer for a couple of hours before removing it and placing it in the fridge.
- Cut into small squares before serving.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef