- 4tbs flaxseeds
- 12tbs filtered water
- 100g raw unrefined sugar
- 150ml olive oil
- 340g “00” doppio flour
- 60g chestnut flour
- 50g cocoa
- 50g coconut flakes
- For the topping
- 150g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 50g coconut oil
- 60ml vegan cream
- 75g hazelnuts
- 50g raisins
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- In a food mixer whizz together the flaxseeds with the filtered water. Combine in the sugar. Add the oil and then the remaining ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 15 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place a glass bowl over boiling water (or even over a bain marie). Add the dark chocolate and melt with the coconut oil. Add the vegan cream, hazelnuts and raisins.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the cake. Smooth over so that the chocolate covers all the surface. Set to one side.
- When cooled, using a knife, cut into squares and set to one side.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society