- 4tbs flaxseeds
- 12tbs filtered water
- 100g raw unrefined sugar
- 150ml olive oil
- 340g “00” doppio flour
- 60g chestnut flour
- 50g cocoa
- 50g coconut flakes
- For the topping
- 150g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 50g coconut oil
- 60ml vegan cream
- 75g hazelnuts
- 50g raisins
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- In a food mixer whizz together the flaxseeds with the filtered water. Combine in the sugar. Add the oil and then the remaining ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 15 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place a glass bowl over boiling water (or even over a bain marie). Add the dark chocolate and melt with the coconut oil. Add the vegan cream, hazelnuts and raisins.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the cake. Smooth over so that the chocolate covers all the surface. Set to one side.
- When cooled, using a knife, cut into squares and set to one side.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.