- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 500g butternut squash (use the base end)
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2 carrots
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic, gloves
- 1 red chilli
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tsp light soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in filtered water and set to one side.
- Roast the butternut squash, basting it in coconut oil, for about 45 minutes until the squash is tender. Allow to cool.
- Remove the skin of the squash. (The skin is actually nutritious and edible too). Cut the squash into cubes. Set to one side in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pumpkin seeds, and place with the remaining ingredients (save the squash) into a food process. Process until well blended.
- Toss the blended mixture into the mixing bowl and baste the squash.
- On a dehydrator tray, place the squash in a single layer with the marinade and dehydrate for 4 hour at 45 degrees Celsius before serving. Serve the leftover marinade separately.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef