- 1kg squash (e.g. Crown Prince)
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 10g dulse, dried
- 600ml (old and opened) white wine
- 1 medium onion
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2tbs coriander powder, ground
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 cloves of India
- pinch of salt
- few sprigs of mint
- ¼ chipotle, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
- Soak the dulse in white wine and set to one side.
- Place the squash in a baking tray and baste with the olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the skin of the squash. (Note that the skin is nutritious so you can eat separately). Deseed and cut into thick chunks. Set to one side.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil. When translucent add the coriander powder and continuing cooking under a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the dulse and use the liquid to add to the onions. Set the dulse to one side.
- Add, the juniper berries, cloves, salt and continue cooking for about 5 minutes under a medium heat. The sauce should start to thicken.
- Add the squash and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat. Toss in the dulse and if required, mix in the chipotle.
- Garnish with the mint leaves.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society