- 1kg squash (e.g. Crown Prince)
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 10g dulse, dried
- 600ml (old and opened) white wine
- 1 medium onion
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2tbs coriander powder, ground
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 cloves of India
- pinch of salt
- few sprigs of mint
- ¼ chipotle, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
- Soak the dulse in white wine and set to one side.
- Place the squash in a baking tray and baste with the olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the skin of the squash. (Note that the skin is nutritious so you can eat separately). Deseed and cut into thick chunks. Set to one side.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil. When translucent add the coriander powder and continuing cooking under a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the dulse and use the liquid to add to the onions. Set the dulse to one side.
- Add, the juniper berries, cloves, salt and continue cooking for about 5 minutes under a medium heat. The sauce should start to thicken.
- Add the squash and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat. Toss in the dulse and if required, mix in the chipotle.
- Garnish with the mint leaves.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef