- 600g cooking apples
- 350g dried figs
- 100g whole candied orange peel
- 100g whole candied lemon peel
- 200g walnut pieces
- 150g seedless raisins
- 250g currents
- 150g sultanas
- 1tsp cinnamon ground
- 1tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1tsp mace, ground
- 250ml Marsala wine
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples.
- Chop the peel and figs.
- Chop the walnuts in a chopper.
- Mix all ingredients into a large china or wooden bowl.
- Cover with a clean cloth and leave to stand overnight.
- Stir again, then pot into sterilised jars.
- Store in a cool dark place. You can either allow the flavours to mature for about 6 weeks or use within that period.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef