Gaeng Deang Fuktong – Thai Pumpkin Curry
I tend to make my own curry paste as it tends to be fresher and the consistency I like it. This Thai Pumpkin Curry is great when having a Eastern theme to an evening.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 2 red birds eye chillies – one sliced
- 2 inches fresh lemon grass
- ½ inch ginger
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml coconut milk, rich and creamy
- 1tsp cumin, powder
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 1tbs date syrup
- To make the curry paste, place one of the red chillies, the lemon grass, ginger and lime leaves in a blender and combine until finely chopped. Place in a bowl with cumin and white wine vinegar and combine well.
- In a pan, add 50ml of coconut milk to the boil and add the curry paste. Add the chopped pumpkin and cook until tender. This should be about 20 minutes. I prefer to have it slightly crunchy.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and season with the limejuice and date syrup. Cook for a further three to four minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add the remaining sliced chilli and serve.