Gooseberry Baobab and Almond Dessert
Gooseberry Baobab and Almond Dessert came about to celebrate my friend, Michelle’s birthday. It was a warm gorgeous sunny evening and the sun was streaming through my flat. I had just come from work. I was time limited and I wanted to create something simply and nourishing. In this recipe I use frozen gooseberries. Ideally they would have been fresh in the first instance. I like the way, an hour before I started I de-thawed the gooseberry – this means that as you bite into a gooseberry this delicious mouth-watery texture hits the palate and then you get the taste of the creamy dessert. Love it. Thanks, Michelle…
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Raw
- 500ml vegan cream
- 100g ground almonds
- 25g baobab powder
- 4tbs flaxseeds, ground
- 100g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 250g gooseberries, frozen
- Take the gooseberries out from the freeze and thaw for about an hour. Leave to one side.
- Place the cream in a food processor. Add the almonds, baobab, flaxseeds. Combine well.
- Add the sugar. Taste to see if the quantity of sugar satisfies your needs. For me this is sufficient for the dessert.
- Place the dessert into four serving bowls. Leave to one side in the fridge for about an hour.
- When ready to serve evenly sprinkle the goosberries on top of the dessert.