Wrap your tongue round something light and fluffy. And, melt.
Succulent refreshing tart gooseberries swirled in a light airy textured citrus lime aquafaba; Gooseberry Mousse.
This dish will bust any belief that vegan can’t be made with a few choice ingredients.
- When your heart is palpitating from running to the bus stop and now a dish with a good sugar fix will have you punching for the air again
- When you’ve just taken the dog for a spring walk and a treat to have your legs on the poof is next on the agenda
- When your bestie drops in for last minute dinner and a homely dessert that’ll have you relaxing into your next prosecco
Gooseberry Mousse was inspired when picking gooseberries at a friend’s allotment and sitting in front of a summer bonfire as the sunset.
Gooseberries are common to Europe and North America. They thrive in temperate humid climate in well-drained soil. Plant in sunny spots. They will ripen and sweeten as the season progresses from May to September.
Gooseberry Mousse is vegan and gluten-free.
- Water retained from chickpeas drained from can
- 1tsp arrowroot
- ½ tsp xantham gum
- 75g raw unrefined cane sugar
- ½ lime, juice
- 200g gooseberries
- Using a mixer, whisk at medium speed the water until it goes fluffy. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Add the arrowroot. Continue whizzing but increase the speed to high speed. The mousse should turn into a lush white colour. Add the xanthan gum.
- Place the sugar in a grinder and pulse until fine. Add to the mixer. The mousse should be thick.
- Gradually add the lime juice and continue whizzing.
- Pulse the gooseberries in a blender until well blended and add a spoonful into the mousse at a time.
- Spoon the mousse into a serving bowl or into bowls and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Serve chilled.