Indulge in something moist as oozes down your throat…And, slurp.
Tropical guava with nutty hemp and peppery basil seeds sweetened with dates and citrusy lemon; Guava Basil Dessert.
This recipe will burst any belief that vegan food can’t be simple to make.
- When you’ve got a dinner party and need a quick and easy dessert that’ll give you time back to focus on getting ready
- When kiddies are running array round the house and giving them a treat will get them savouring on something lush and healthy
- When it’s summery outside and a tropical dessert that’ll polish off the evening is just the treat
Guava Basil Dessert was inspired when hunting through a local specialty greengrocers and soft guava were lurking within; the thought of creating a dessert wasn’t far behind.
Guava is a tropical fruit native to Mexico, central America and West Indes. Rich in Vitamin B9, it aids fertility and is even a richer source of Vitamin C than oranges. The benefit of this raw dish means all the benefits of the non-heat resistant Vitamins are retained.
Guava Basil Dessert is vegan, paleo and raw.
- 25g basil seeds
- 200ml filtered water
- 4 guavas
- 100g hulled hemp seeds
- 250ml water
- 150g dates, unpitted
- Pinch of salt
- ½ lemon, juice
- Optional – mint leaves
- Soak the basil seeds in water for 30 minutes set to one side.
- Place the guava, hemp seeds, pitted dates, salt and lemon juice in a blender and blend till fine. Transfer to a large dish bowl.
- Use a spatula to spoon in the basil seeds in to the guava mixture.
- Transfer to a serving dish or spoon into dessert bowls.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and serve.