- For biscuit
- 500g “00” Italian zero doppio flour
- 250g sunflower spread
- ½tsp salt
- For chocolate covering
- 125g coconut oil
- 125g sunflower spread
- 8tbs golden syrup
- 100g carob
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g raisins
- Olive oil for baking tray
- For topping
- 250g fine dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Make the biscuit mixture by combining the flour with sunflower spread and salt in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to create a rough crumbly and lumpy texture.. Place on a large baking tray and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate covering melt the sunflower spread and coconut oil in a pan. Add the golden syrup and carob. Continuing stirring until the golden syrup have melted. Switch off the heat.
- Place the hazelnuts, raisins and biscuits mixture into large mixing bowl. Fold in the melted carob mixture ensuring that the biscuits do not break.
- Take a large baking tray. Lightly brush with olive oil and place baking paper.
- Using a spatula, drip the carob and hazelnut tiffin into the baking tray. Leave to set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over hot water. Drizzle over the tiffin. Leave to one side for about a couple of hours.
- Gently remove the baking paper with the tiffin and cut the tiffin into squares.
- Place the tiffin in the fridge to set.
- Serve cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.