- For biscuit
- 500g “00” Italian zero doppio flour
- 250g sunflower spread
- ½tsp salt
- For chocolate covering
- 125g coconut oil
- 125g sunflower spread
- 8tbs golden syrup
- 100g carob
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g raisins
- Olive oil for baking tray
- For topping
- 250g fine dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Make the biscuit mixture by combining the flour with sunflower spread and salt in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to create a rough crumbly and lumpy texture.. Place on a large baking tray and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate covering melt the sunflower spread and coconut oil in a pan. Add the golden syrup and carob. Continuing stirring until the golden syrup have melted. Switch off the heat.
- Place the hazelnuts, raisins and biscuits mixture into large mixing bowl. Fold in the melted carob mixture ensuring that the biscuits do not break.
- Take a large baking tray. Lightly brush with olive oil and place baking paper.
- Using a spatula, drip the carob and hazelnut tiffin into the baking tray. Leave to set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over hot water. Drizzle over the tiffin. Leave to one side for about a couple of hours.
- Gently remove the baking paper with the tiffin and cut the tiffin into squares.
- Place the tiffin in the fridge to set.
- Serve cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Advertising IT IP Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society