- For biscuit
- 500g “00” Italian zero doppio flour
- 250g sunflower spread
- ½tsp salt
- For chocolate covering
- 125g coconut oil
- 125g sunflower spread
- 8tbs golden syrup
- 100g carob
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g raisins
- Olive oil for baking tray
- For topping
- 250g fine dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Make the biscuit mixture by combining the flour with sunflower spread and salt in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to create a rough crumbly and lumpy texture.. Place on a large baking tray and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate covering melt the sunflower spread and coconut oil in a pan. Add the golden syrup and carob. Continuing stirring until the golden syrup have melted. Switch off the heat.
- Place the hazelnuts, raisins and biscuits mixture into large mixing bowl. Fold in the melted carob mixture ensuring that the biscuits do not break.
- Take a large baking tray. Lightly brush with olive oil and place baking paper.
- Using a spatula, drip the carob and hazelnut tiffin into the baking tray. Leave to set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over hot water. Drizzle over the tiffin. Leave to one side for about a couple of hours.
- Gently remove the baking paper with the tiffin and cut the tiffin into squares.
- Place the tiffin in the fridge to set.
- Serve cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society