- 75g coconut flakes
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 125g chickpea flour
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2tbs olive oil
- 800g firm tofu
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbs white wine vinegar
- 2tbs pomegranate molasses
- 2tbs lemon juice
- 1tbs tahini
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- ½ inch fresh turmeric, grated
- 1tbs coriander seeds.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the sunflower seeds overnight. Drain and set to one side.
- Soak the coconut flakes an hour before preparing dish. Drain and set to one side.
- Dry roast the hazelnuts in the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and over a sieve remove the dry skin. Set to one side.
- To make the crust, blitz the drained sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a food processor until soft.
- Place the seeds and flakes into a large mixing bowl. Knead in the chickpea flour and salt. Add the oil. Knead for about 10 minutes until the dough forms into a ball. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Sauté the onion in oil until translucent. Set to one side.
- Place the tofu, garlic, vinegar, molasses, lemon juice and tahini into the food processor and blitz until creamy. Remove and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the ginger, turmeric and coriander seeds. Season to taste.
- Add the hazelnut and radicchio to the creamed mixturel.
- Line a flan tray with oil and roll the dough out into a circle. Place chickpea on the surface used for rolling out. Work quickly as the dough can be flaky. Place the dough into the flan dish. Don’t worry if the dough breaks – just arrange round the dish.
- Pour in the hazelnut and radicchio filling on top of the dough.
- Cover and bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef