- 400g tofu, cut into cubes (no more than 1cm in height)
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 lemongrass
- ¾ tsp wasabi powder
- 4tbs lemon juice
- 4tbs maple syrup
- Few sprigs of mint
- salt and crushed pepper
- Oil for frying
- Sesame seeds
- Make the marinade by deseeding the cardamoms. Put the cardamoms and lemongrass and whizz to fine consistency – do not worry about having shards of lemongrass filaments, it just adds to the texture.
- Place the grounded cardamom lemongrass into a mixing bowl. Add the wasabi powder, lemon juice and maple syrup. Chop some mint and add to the marinade. Season with salt and fresh crushed pepper (I use green).
- Placed the cubed tofu into a low shall dish and drizzle the marinade. Cover and leave overnight and the following morning turn over the tofu.
- When ready to serve, place some oil into a frying pan and sauté the tofu each side for no more than two to three minutes, until the tofu turns a nice golden colour.
- Garnish the tofu with sesame seeds and serve with the remaining marinade not absorbed.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef