Wasabi Mint Maple Glazed Tofu
Wasabi Mint Maple Glazed Tofu is one of those quick dishes you can let marinade before, return from work and simply rustle up for a comfortable meal. I add cardamoms to give this dish an extra layer of flavour. This Wasabi Mint Maple Glazed Tofu is perfect after a long day and simply winding down.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
- 400g tofu, cut into cubes (no more than 1cm in height)
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 lemongrass
- ¾ tsp wasabi powder
- 4tbs lemon juice
- 4tbs maple syrup
- Few sprigs of mint
- salt and crushed pepper
- Oil for frying
- Sesame seeds
- Make the marinade by deseeding the cardamoms. Put the cardamoms and lemongrass and whizz to fine consistency – do not worry about having shards of lemongrass filaments, it just adds to the texture.
- Place the grounded cardamom lemongrass into a mixing bowl. Add the wasabi powder, lemon juice and maple syrup. Chop some mint and add to the marinade. Season with salt and fresh crushed pepper (I use green).
- Placed the cubed tofu into a low shall dish and drizzle the marinade. Cover and leave overnight and the following morning turn over the tofu.
- When ready to serve, place some oil into a frying pan and sauté the tofu each side for no more than two to three minutes, until the tofu turns a nice golden colour.
- Garnish the tofu with sesame seeds and serve with the remaining marinade not absorbed.