- 200g chick pea flour (otherwise, known as gram flour)
- 200g cashews
- 100g raw unrefined sugar
- 4 cardamoms, de-shelled
- 150g coconut oil
- In a large non-stick saucepan, sieve in the chickpea flour.
- Turn on the medium flame; gently roast the flour, stirring constantly until it turns into a golden brown colour. Be careful, not to burn the flour – which can so easily be done if you are not constantly watching the roasting that is taking place. Turn off the heat and allow to cool down.
- Take the sugar and place into a food processor. Whizz for a few seconds and set aside. Do the same with the cashews until the cashews are finely chopped.
- Separately, place the de-shelled cardamom seeds in a grinder and ground to a finely powdered texture.
- Sieve the chickpea flour into a large bowl.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, cardamom and cashews to the flour, using a spatula and make sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat the coconut oil, until it melts and add to the large bowl.
- Line a dish with baking powder. Fold in the fudge mixture. Spoon over with a spatula to give a flat surface.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Turn over the fudge and cut into squares. Serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society