- 1 kohlrabi
- 2 shallots, diced
- 100g small button mushrooms
- 2tsb extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml white wine
- 1tbs brandy
- 200g wild tomatoes
- small bunch parsley
- kohlrabi leaves for garnishing
- Depending on your taste, you can eat the leaves of the kohlrabi. Deleaf if desired and cut the stems into strip. Cut away the hard bit of the base and cut the kohlrabi into four quarters. Set the stalks to one side.
- In a saucepan add the kohlrabi quarters, button mushrooms and shallots and sauté in olive oil until kohlrabi starts to turn brown – this be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Add half the wild tomatoes with white wine, brandy and the kohlrabi stalk. Continue cooking for a further 10 minutes.
- Transfer the kohlrabi chasseur to a serving dish. Toss in the remaining tomatoes and some parsley. Garnish with the remaining kohlrabi leaves and parsley.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef