- 2 mangoes – skinned and deseeded, yielding 400g
- 400ml filtered water
- 200g fresh coconuts
- 4 dates
- 20g unrefined raw cane sugar
- Whizz the half the mango (200g) in a blender with 200ml of water and pour into 4 glasses. Allow setting in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Once the first mango has set, whizz the coconuts with the dates and remaining water in a blender. Use a small spoon to carefully lay the coconuts onto the mango.
- Top tip – I normally use the back of a spoon to smooth over the coconuts – don’t worry about it being roughly placed, as this adds to the rustic nature of this dessert.
- Return to the freezer for a further couple of hours.
- When ready to eat, take the parfait from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Whizz the remaining mango with water and unrefined sugar. Place on top of the parfait; it is ready to tuck into.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society