- 1 butternut squash
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 100ml malt barley extract
- 300ml boiling water
- ¼tsp salt
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- few sprigs of rosemary
- 3tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using a pastry brush spread the coconut oil over the outside of the butternut squash. Place into an ovenproof tray and roast in the oven for no more than15 minutes. Set to one side and switch the oven off.
- Melt the malt barley in boiling water. Add the salt, lime and lemon juice and zest. Combine and leave to one side.
- In a grinder, pulse the lemon grass with the springs of rosemary to a rough consistency. Add to the malt barley marinade.
- Once the butternut squash has cooled down, use a knife to gently peel off the skin. Cut the butternut squash into medallions between 1 to 1.5cm in thickness. Remove the seeds too.
- Transfer the butternut squash into the ovenproof tray and baste over the mart barley mixture and leave to marinade overnight or for a few hours. Turn over the butternut squash regularly.
- When nearly ready to serve preheat the oven once again to gas mark 180 degrees Celcius.
- Add olive oil to the marinade and cover with aluminum foil and bake until the butternut squash is cooked. Turn over the medallions regularly.
- Serve immediately.
• No cholesterol
• High in selenium
• Very high in vitamin A
• Very high in saturated fat
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef